In this time, we want to explain about Antimalware Service Executable. It is part of Windows Defender. Typically, Windows Defender itself is an antivirus. Antimalware Service Executable program is also known as MsMpEng.exe. In a case, there are many people that their Antimalware Service Executable Has Stopped Working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. However, Antimalware Service Executable is causing the high CPU or Disk usage. There are two reasons which make that problem occur. The first reason is the scan feature fully which may be scanning all files, either once the computer wakes up from sleep or once it is connected to a network. The second reason is the real-time feature which is scanning files constantly, connections and other related applications in real time.
There are the ways to get rid Antimalware Service Executable. So, if you are experiencing the problem about Antimalware Service Executable, you can fix it by its ways. We think this ways are easy ways so you can fix your problem by yourself. But, in a case, if you are still being confuse how to fix it so you can ask your friend or a technician to help you solving your problem. Let’s see its ways step by step in the text below. We hope your problem can be solved.
Way 1: Turning Off Windows Defender by Using the Registry.
- At first you have to press the “Windows Key + R”. Then please type “regedit” in the Run dialog box. Next you can click OK to open the Windows Registry.
- After that once you are in the Registry Editor, you have to navigate to:
- In the last step, once you see a registry entry named “DisableAntiSpyware”, so you have to double click to edit it and change its value data to 1.
Way 2: Disable Windows Defender.
- At first you have to install a competent and trusted third-party antivirus or malware scanner.
- Then you can right click an empty section of your Task Bar and please select “Task Manager”.
- Afterwards you have to select the “Services tab” and click the “Open Services text link”.
- The last you have to find the three Windows Defender services, such as Windows Defender Cache Maintenance, Windows Defender Cleanup and Windows Defender Verification. Afterwards you can stop them. You are able to do it by clicking disable or switch to Manual.
Way 3: Windows Update
To fix the high CPU or disk usage by Antimalware Service Executable, you can do Windows Update. It is one of the ways which are many the users of Windows used to fix the high CPU or disk usage by Antimalware Service Executable. Recently, Windows update becomes the popular way to fix the high CPU or disk usage by Antimalware Service Executable because this Windows Update inbuilt tool that will scan your computer and update all your windows corrupted files. It will also update all with the latest ones.