Antimalware Service Executable is a background process on Windows which manages Windows Defender. It is causing high CPU usage. By the way do you ever get the problem about the high CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable? Do you know what the solution to fix it? Actually, there are two reasons which make the high CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable can occur. The first reason is the real-time feature which is scanning files constantly, connections and the other which related applications in the real time. The second reason is the scan feature fully that may be scanning all files, once the computer wakes up from sleep or once it is connected to a network. If you find that your Antimalware Service Executable is causing the high CPU usage, do not be worry because there are many solutions to fix it. Well, in this article, we will give you the solution to fix the high CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable.
One of the solutions to fix the high CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable is by doing turning off Windows Defender. In fact, there are many people who do this method to fix the high CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable. Once you are using this method do not forget to install another antivirus. In this method you can do it by doing turning off Windows Defender by using the registry and the Local Group Policy Editor. For more detail,let’s see this solution step by step in the text below.
Method 1: Using the Registry
- At first step, you have to press the “Windows Key + R”. Then please type “regedit” in the Run dialog box. After that you have to click OK to open the Windows Registry.
- At the second step, once you are in the Registry Editor, so you have to navigate to:
- At the third step, once you see a registry entry named “DisableAntiSpyware”, you have to double click to edit it
- The last step, you have to change its value data to 1.
Method 2: Using the Local Group Policy Editor.
- At the first step, you have to press the “Windows Key + R”. Then please type “gpedit.msc” in the Run dialog box. To open the Local Group Policy Editor, you have to click OK.
- At the second step, once you are in the Local Group Policy Editor, so you have to browse the following path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender.
- At the third step, once you are in this Group Policy path, you have to look for the setting named “Turn off Windows Defender” and please double click it.
- At the next step, if you want to disable Windows Defender, so you have to select the “Enabled” option. Then you can click “Apply” and click “OK”.
- Finally, at the last step, Windows Defender should be disabled instantly. However if it does not work, so you should do a restart for your computer and then please check whether or not it is disabled.