Antimalware Service Executable disk usage is a part of Windows Defender that is a built-in security program of Microsoft. It is a background process that runs by Windows Defender which is pre-installed normally in every the latest Windows Operating System. By the way, what is Windows Defender? It is the utility tool which helps the operating system to protect against the security threats which caused by spyware and some other kinds of malware. It can also protect the spam pop-ups and the slow performance.
Antimalware Service Executable will be active whenever you connect the network connection. Once you want to use a flash drive, so it will start hogging up CPU. Moreover, once you need to use Bluetooth, it will make annoy you by starting consuming CPU. What should you do when you find that Antimalware Service Executable 100% disk usage? Do not be panic because there are several methods to fix the high disk usage. Well, now we will share you to get rid of the high Disk usage by Antimalware Service Executable. Let’s see what you will need to do to fix this problem.
Method 1: Windows Update.
One of the methods to fix the high disk usage by Antimalware Service Executable is Windows Update. Actually, there are many the users of Windows who fix the high disk usage by Antimalware Service Executable with this method. Windows update becomes the great method to fix the high disk usage by Antimalware Service Executable because this Windows Update inbuilt tool which will scan your computer and update all your windows corrupted files. It will also update all with the latest ones.
Method 2: Editing Defenders Setting.
- At first you have to open your task manager and go the “Process” Tab (for Windows 7) or “Details” Tab (for Windows 8/10) to find the program running process which called as MsMpEng.exe with the Antimalware Service Executable service tag in their description. Then you have to right click on that process and please select “Open file location” option to open the file’s root directory.
- Once the directory has opened, please right click on the address bar and click on copy.
- In the next step, to make defender aware about to skip which location between the scan processes, so you will need to enter the path in the Windows Defender. Please open your Windows Defender from your Windows Control Panel.
- After that you can go to the setting tab in Windows Defender and it will give you some basic setting options. Here, you have to choose the option which is named “Excluded files and location”. In the upper box, you just paste or enter that path what you recently copied.
- Once you have done of entering the directory path, so you can click on the add button and then click on save changes to include that location in your defender setting.
- The last step, you have to restart your computer to see the changes and check whether or not this problem is resolved.