Recently, there are many people who get the problem about the high CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable. Therefore, here we want to explain the ways to stop Antimalware Service Executable. Unfortunately, there are the simple ways to fix high CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable. If you are having problem about that, so you can follow this ways so that you can stop Antimalware Service Executable. Let’s follow its ways step by step in the text below.
Method 1: Disable Windows Defender.
- At first you have to install a competent and trusted third-party antivirus or malware scanner.
- After that you have to right click an empty section of your Task Bar and please select “Task Manager”.
- In this step, you have to select the “Services tab” and click the “Open Services text link”.
- Then you must find the three Windows Defender services. Those three Windows Defender services are Windows Defender Cache Maintenance, Windows Defender Cleanup and Windows Defender Verification. Afterwards you can stop them. You can do it by clicking disable or switch to Manual.
Method 2: Change the Antimalware Service Executable scan properties.
- At first you have to navigate to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Task Scheduler.
- Then please browse the following path from the left pane of Task Scheduler.
Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows defender
- Please highlight the name called “Windows Defender Scheduled Scan” in the center panel and please click “Properties” in the lower right panel.
- In this step you have to uncheck any boxes which are “Idle”, “Power” and “Network”. Click Ok. This step will create properly schedule. Before you uncheck any boxes, you have to click on the “Conditions” from the Properties Windows.
- Finally, this step will stop the scheduled scan taking over once you bring your computer out of idle but it will not stop Windows Defender working in other cases.
Method 3: Using the Local Group Policy Editor.
- In the first step, you have to press the “Windows Key + R”. Then please type “gpedit.msc” in the Run dialog box. To open the Local Group Policy Editor, so you have to click OK.
- In the second step, from the Local Group Policy Editor, you have to browse the following path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender.
- In the third step, you have to search for the setting named “Turn off Windows Defender” at this Group Policy path, and please double click it. To disable Windows Defender, you can select the “Enabled” option. Then you can click “Apply” and “OK”.
- In the last step, instantly Windows Defender should be disabled. But if it does not work, so you have to restart your computer and check whether or not it is disabled.
Well, that explanation above is the ways to stop Antimalware Service Executable. Do you understand with its ways step by step? We hope you can follow its ways correctly so that you can fix your problem.