Antimalware Service Executable is the process MsMpEng that used by the Windows Defender program. It is causing the high CPU usage. The user of Windows 8 may get this problem. Actually, the high CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable is also occurs in other Windows, such as Windows 7 or Windows 10. What the reasons which make the high CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable occur? Usually the high CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable can occur because of Windows real time protection.
Therefore if we change the real time protection setting, this problem will be fixed. Unfortunately, if you fix this problem by turning off Windows defender real time protection, it may harm your computer. Now we suggest you to do other methods which are easiest way to fix Antimalware Service Executable error in Windows operating system. Now, let’s see its methods step by step in the text below.
Method 1: Change Schedule Windows Defender Properly.
- In the first step, you have to search and open “Task Scheduler”.
- Then you can browse the following path from the left pane of Task Scheduler.
Library > Microsoft > Windows
- After that you have to scroll down and find “Windows Defender”.
- Now you will see four different options on the right side by select Windows Defender. Those four different options are Windows Defender Cache Maintenance, Cleanup, Scheduled Scan, and Verification.
- In the next step, you have to right click on “Windows Defender Scheduled Scan” and click “Properties”.
- Afterwards please click “Conditions Tab” and uncheck the options under “Idle”, “Power” and “Network”. Then click Ok. For except, you do not uncheck the options which say: “Stop if the computer ceases to be idle”.
Method 2: Using the Local Group Policy Editor.
- In the first step, you have to press the “Windows Key + R”. Then type “gpedit.msc” in the Run dialog box. Then click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- In the second step, you have to browse the following path from the Local Group Policy Editor. Search for Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender.
- After that once you are in this Group Policy path, you have to search for the setting named “Turn off Windows Defender” and please double click it. To disable Windows Defender, you have to select the “Enabled” option. Afterwards you can click “Apply” and “OK”.
- Finally, instantly Windows Defender should be disabled. If it does not work, so you can restart the computer and check to see if it is disabled or not.
Method 3: Using the Registry.
- In the first step, you have to press the “Windows Key + R”. Then please type “regedit” in the Run dialog box. Afterwards click OK to open the Windows Registry.
- The next step, in the Registry Editor, you have to navigate to:
- The last step, once you see a registry entry named “DisableAntiSpyware”, you have to double click to edit it and change its value data to 1.